Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Viewable on showgroups set to no, usergroup still shows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viewable on showgroups set to no, usergroup still shows?

Like the title says, in the Usergroup Manager I set "Viewable on Show Groups" for Moderators to no but they are still displayed when viewing showgroups.php?

That will only hide their group. Members do not have to be in the moderator group to be set as moderators of the forum.

Comment

I was checking to confirm that Moderators will always show up - and they do. Zachery beat me to it

Comment

On that note, if you really dont want the moderators to showup when they are assigned to forums

Open the SHOWGROUPS template, find and remove this bit of code

HTML Code:
        <!-- moderators -->
        <table class="tborder" cellpadding="$stylevar[cellpadding]" cellspacing="$stylevar[cellspacing]" border="0" width="100%" align="center">
        <tr>
         <td class="tcat" colspan="4">$vbphrase[moderators]</td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
         <td class="thead">&nbsp;</td>
         <td class="thead" width="50%">$vbphrase[username] / $vbphrase[location_perm]</td>
         <td class="thead" width="50%">$vbphrase[forums]</td>
         <td class="thead">$vbphrase[contact]</td>
        </tr>
        $moderatorbits
        </table>
        <br />
        <!-- end moderators -->

Comment

Hmm, I see.

So moderators always appear - admins and supermods can be turned on/off.
          Here's the strange bit, turning Moderators on then displays them twice

Doesn't particularly bother me, I have it displaying the way I want but I think it could be done better, it's misleading....

/G

Comment

No it will not show anyone in the MODERATOR usergroup. as i said you DONOT have to be in the moderator usergroup to be a moderator.

the difference is, that in vB3 you can be set to be a moderator of a forum, but you dont need to be in the moderator ussergroup. so it will show the moderators of the forums regardless, unless you edit that bit out that i informed you to.

Comment

Ok, I get it and I can see why it was done.

It's a bit messy I guess but it works

Cheers,

G

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X