Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smilie box

hoi!

hm.. i have little problem with my upgraded board.. i just cant see the smilies box..
    Attached Files
    -peace

anyone?
    -peace

Comment

hmm what is going on here? no support anymore?
      -peace

Comment

Which version are you running? Have you installed any hacks or code modifications? What's the URL to your board?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

i just upgraded from rc4 to gold ..

and my board url is http://test.escalator.ee

i dont want to upgrade my vbulletin 2.3.4 to vbulletin 3.0.0 gold before I'm happy with it
          -peace

Comment

I get a 'Cannot find server' with that URL.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

hm.. ok.. it was my bad.. i just set up new test board.. http://www.escalator.ee/test2/
              and checkd my usercp settings.. and options.. and found out that i hasnt turned on the Message Editor Interface WYSIWYG option .. srry my bad
              -peace

Comment

I'm heaving the same problem as the topicstarter (no clickable smily part), but his solution (see below) doesn't seem to work for me. May I've overlooked something? Details:

-RC4 --> Gold
                -Main style reverted on some parts, but to make sure, I've made a clean new style ("Marc test style")
                -"Enable Clickable Message Formatting Controls" is on "enable standard controls" (WYSIWYG option also tested (selected here and in the usercp): no effect)
                -"Show Smiliebox to WYSIWYG Users" is "yes"
                -Site: www.comingout.nl/forum/

The last time we had this, it was due to the customised styles, which can't be the case now for I've made a new one.

Any ideas?

Originally posted by deemon
                hm.. ok.. it was my bad.. i just set up new test board.. http://www.escalator.ee/test2/
                and checkd my usercp settings.. and options.. and found out that i hasnt turned on the Message Editor Interface WYSIWYG option .. srry my bad
                Admin for www.ComingOut.nl. Forum: vBulletin 3.64.

Comment

Originally posted by deemon
                  hoi!

hm.. i have little problem with my upgraded board.. i just cant see the smilies box..
                  You need to turn on either the standard or WYSIWYG editor in your User Control Panel in addition to the settings in the Admin Control Panel to see this. Looking at your attachment's you are using the basic editor which has no additional features.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                  Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Ive had this problem as well i fixed it by removing the condition around it untill i can target the problem, i suspect its either a file that wasnt uploaded or a missing condition

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
                      Ive had this problem as well i fixed it by removing the condition around it untill i can target the problem, i suspect its either a file that wasnt uploaded or a missing condition
                      File upload can't be it, for I've really been carefull with that, but I'll try another copy now, anyway.

Removing the condition would be a solution, but since you've allready done this, would you be as kind as to post where en what condition you've remarked?

Comment

As Wayne Luke sayd ..
                        You need to turn on either the standard or WYSIWYG editor in your User Control Panel
                        though i found it out myself but thanks anyhow..
                        -peace

Comment

I owe you an apology: it turns out you were right about a missing file. I made a pretty stupid error with copying (was destracted by someone) and so a file was indeed missing. Restored it and everything is OK.

Sorry for troubeling you. Thanks for the support.

Comment

No problems the smallest thing is easly overlooked

Comment

I seem to have this same problem now. On RC4 it worked, but since I upgraded to 3.0.1 the smilie box has not appeared on new thread, new post or in the private message box. The smilie box is on 'Yes' for the WYSIWIG editor but it does not show there or in the standard editor. The only hack that's been installed is the Arcade hack which uses the navbar and postbit templates. I'm pretty sure all the correct files have been uploaded for the upgrade.
                              Attached Files

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X