Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading to VB3 from RC3 nothing works now

Forgive me for I am stupid.

I downloaded VB3 to upgrade from RC3 I changed config.php.new to config.php I opened CuteFTP and began to upload all the files, everythign went smooth until it got to config.php and now NOTHING works. I changed everything in the config file back to what it should be (I think) and now all I get is:

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

the URL is www.vacustoms.com/forums

what did I screw up? is there a way to revert to the old config.php? someone please help a dumb fella out here....

Thanks,
    Adam

Pull up the source code of the database error page. The exact error will be shown in the source. Paste the exact error in this thread.

Comment

<html><head><title> Database Error</title><style type="text/css"><!--.error { font: 11px tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; }--></style></head>
      <body></table></td></tr></table></form>
      <blockquote><p class="error">&nbsp;</p><p class="error"><b>There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.</b><br />
      Please try again by pressing the <a href="javascript:window.location=window.location;">refresh</a> button in your browser.</p><p class="error">An E-Mail has been dispatched to our <a href="<A href="mailto:">Technical">mailto:">Technical Staff</a>, who you can also contact if the problem persists.</p><p class="error">We apologise for any inconvenience.</p></blockquote>

<!--
      Database error in vBulletin :

cannot use database
      mysql error: No Database Selected

mysql error number: 1046

Date: Sunday 21st of March 2004 02:43:44 PM
      Script: http://www.vacustoms.com/forums/
      Referer:
      IP Address: 68.111.102.172
      -->

</body></html>

Comment

I changed the database name to (I think) the proper one and now this error:

<html><head><title> Database Error</title><style type="text/css"><!--.error { font: 11px tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; }--></style></head>
        <body></table></td></tr></table></form>
        <blockquote><p class="error">&nbsp;</p><p class="error"><b>There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.</b><br />
        Please try again by pressing the <a href="javascript:window.location=window.location;">refresh</a> button in your browser.</p><p class="error">An E-Mail has been dispatched to our <a href="<A href="mailto:[email protected]">Technical">mailto:[email protected]">Technical Staff</a>, who you can also contact if the problem persists.</p><p class="error">We apologise for any inconvenience.</p></blockquote>
        <!--
        Database error in vBulletin :

Link-ID == false, connect failed
        mysql error:

mysql error number: 0

Date: Sunday 21st of March 2004 02:45:57 PM
        Script: http://www.vacustoms.com/forums/
        Referer:
        IP Address: 68.111.102.172
        -->

</body></html>

Comment

That means the connection to MySQL has failed, you will have to ask your host to see if MySQL has stopped running.

Comment

Im sure its fine, I can assure you its something I screwed up any suggestions what may need to be fixed on my end?

Comment

That error means at least one piece of MySQL information in your config.php file is incorrect. You need to make sure these settings are correct:

// ****** DATABASE SERVER NAME ******
              // This is the hostname or IP address of the database server.
              // It is in the format HOST:PORT. If no PORT is specified, 3306 is used.
              // If you are unsure of what to put here, leave it at the default value.
              $servername = 'localhost';

// ****** DATABASE USERNAME & PASSWORD ******
              // This is the username and password you use to access MySQL.
              // These must be obtained through your webhost.
              $dbusername = 'root';
              $dbpassword = '';

// ****** DATABASE NAME ******
              // This is the name of the database where your vBulletin will be located.
              // This must be created by your webhost.
              $dbname = 'forum';

Comment

If I PM you my user info and password would you check to see what I screwed up and see if you can fix it?

Comment

Fixed.

When I visited your forum URL the error had changed to an error saying the vb3_datastore table doesn't exist. That means vBulletin is connecting to MySQL but not finding the tables it needs.

I removed the table prefix from the config.php file. Your database tables don't have a table prefix.

Comment

Thank You!

Comment

Working...
                    X