Database question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database question....

Ok.. I Upgraded from a phpBB version and imported the database (phpBB2 to vB3 RC4)... Now everything went fine and me not knowing any better thought that when you imported a db, that ment that the db transfers to the new vB db... Please tell me I'm not wrong and that deleting the phpbb database just didn't foo-bar me... Because nothing is working and I'm getting errors.....

I don't understand the question. Can you please rephrase? Also the import sctips for vB3 are not available yet so can you please explain exactly what you did? Don't forget to include the actual error messages you are getting.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

You can't officially import phpBB2 to vB3 RC4, only to vB3 Gold.

Try upgrading to Gold, see if that may resolve your issues. If not, please give us some of the errors you are getting so that we can try to figure out where the problem lies.

Good luck!

Comment

OK a while back I upgraded my phpBB2 forum to vB3 RC4. What I wanted to know was wheather is was safe to delete the old phpBB2 database after importing to the vB3 RC4 database. Because I deleted the phpBB2 dB and now nothing works.
        • I can log into the forums.
        • You can see the forums.
        • You go to view a post and you get the error "This page cannot be displayed."
        • I log into the admincp and cannot do anything either. Options, Styles ect.
        An e-mail was dispatched:

Database error in vBulletin 3.0.0 Release Candidate 4:

Invalid SQL: SELECT script, action, optionname FROM adminhelp
        mysql error: MySQL client run out of memory

mysql error number: 2008

Date: Sunday 21st of March 2004 09:41:53 AM

Tell you the truth I'm about to dump everything and start over... Don't want to but I think I've screwed things up enough trying to fix this on my own...

Comment

mysql error: MySQL client run out of memory

This is a server issue. I suggest contacting your host. They may need to reboot the server.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
          X