Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zetetic
    replied
    Great help! I just decided to enable RSS feeds and this was the first wall I ran into.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• mrdatalife

• mrdatalife
    replied
    excellent.

Leave a comment:

• KW802

• KW802
    replied
    Finally found the sucker!

Admin CP / Languages & Phrases / Language Manager / Edit Settings / HTML Character Set

The default value on my fresh VB3 install under English was blank. I inserted "ISO-8859-1" as the HTML Character Set value and everything is now running smooth! Oh, yeah!
    KW802
    Last edited by KW802; Mon 22 Mar '04, 9:14pm.

Leave a comment:

• KW802

• KW802
    replied
    Originally posted by mrdatalife
    yes, it looks like the $stylevar["charset"] that is used in building the xml and rss feed is null.

i manually edited my "external.php" page and set the encoding to "ISO-8859-1".

can anyone confirm if and where the "charset" variable is being set?

Oooohh, good catch! I'll go try that now....

Leave a comment:

• mrdatalife

• mrdatalife
    replied
    yes, it looks like the $stylevar["charset"] that is used in building the xml and rss feed is null.

i manually edited my "external.php" page and set the encoding to "ISO-8859-1".

can anyone confirm if and where the "charset" variable is being set?

Leave a comment:

• KW802

• KW802
    replied
    Bueller?

Leave a comment:

• KW802

• KW802
    started a topic Having problems with RSS feeds & external.php

Having problems with RSS feeds & external.php

First, please forgive any stupid questions I might ask as I'm entirely new to VB and I'm just setting up my site for the first time.

OK, my problem is with the external.php call & rss feeds.

When using the type=js setting it appears to work but when I attempt to use either type=rss or type=rss2 I get the following:
    The XML page cannot be displayed
    Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    System does not support the specified encoding. Error processing resource 'http://www.farpointstation.org/forums/external.php?type=rss&forumids=2'. Line 1, Position 34

<?xml version="1.0" encoding=""?>
    Any thoughts?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X