RC3 > GOLD Upgrade Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RC3 > GOLD Upgrade Problem

I'm running vBulletin RC 3, and currently trying to upgrade to GOLD. I've made a backup of the database and files of course before attempting to upgrade. I proceeded to run the upgrade program. Right off the bat in the 2nd setup of upgrade10 to convert RC3 to RC4 I got an error in my adminfunctions.php.

I verified that I was using the latest file, and tried to proceed on but after awhile it got to the point where I couldn't move forward. So naturally now I am restoring my old forum until I can upgrade to GOLD.

My board data is quite old, and have used hacks in the past and 2 currently which are vBindex and vB Arcade. vBindex doesn't really tie into vB forum files, but the Arcade does. So I omitted uploading certain GOLD files where the instructions said to make file hacks:

Files to Modify
    ===============
    admincp/index.php
    admincp/usergroup.php
    includes/functions.php
    includes/functions_showthread.php
    includes/init.php
    includes/functions_online.php
    /global.php
    /profile.php
    /showthread.php
    I didn't see a list of changed files, so I thought it would be okay. Perhaps not?

I was wondering also whether it would be easier to backup my main forum guts and import them into a fresh board? Also, if you have any suggestions on the most efficient way of doing that solution as well.

Thank you very much,
    -Reb
    -Rebel

If you dont post the error we cant help all that much :/

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
      If you dont post the error we cant help all that much :/
      That's the strange thing, it never sent me a mysql error. It just kept saying error on adminfunction*.php file on line *. One of them was 1785 on adminfunction.php, and then 1998 on adminfunction_template.php.
      -Rebel

Comment

Make sure you upload all the phpfiles in ASCII mode.

Comment

You MUST rehack your vB3 Gold files and then upload them - you cannot use a mix of Gold and RC3 files.

Comment

For us to help you, you are going to need to upload all of the 3.0.0 files as we can not assist with board modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie Bingham
              For us to help you, you are going to need to upload all of the 3.0.0 files as we can not assist with board modifications.
              Okay, that's what I am currently in the process of doing. Should I restore the old database before trying to upgrade again, or does it not matter?
              -Rebel

Comment

Okay that did the trick. It upgraded smoother than silk - thanks for all the speedy replies!
                -Rebel

Comment

Working...
                X