URGENT: Upgrade stalls on Step 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT: Upgrade stalls on Step 28

I'm in the middle of upgrading from vB2.3.3 to vB3 FINAL and I've got to step 28 (Step 28) Import vbulletin-language.xml), however all that's displayed below it is this with no 'NEXT'.. it just appears to have stalled:

MASTER LANGUAGE

Please Wait

Typically the script doesn't give you any idea what's actually being done and a ball park of how long it should take, but I've been waiting 5/6 minutes and nothing. What do I do? Tried going back to step 27 - error, tried to do 28 again and the same problem.

It's now been 15/20 minutes and no indication of any change =(. Just the same static page and message.

Can somebody who's got past this stage at least tell me if it's supposed to take this long or not? Really getting worried as it's a major upgrade.

Comment

Well... got bored, noticed somebody else had this problem and didn't get help, so skipped it and the rest of the steps were ok. Now when I get to the final page (42) it's fine (why does it say I'm on Beta 3 and need to click 'Proceed' to upgrade to newer versions?).

Still, once I click proceed I get this:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /homepages/30/d69121943/htdocs/talk/includes/sessions.php on line 266

Unable to add cookies, header already sent.

File: N/A
      Line: 0

FYI - Tried downloading the non-images vB3 package and uploading all in ASCII, but the same error occurs. Then I also checked to make sure there was no white spaces around the start/end PHP tags in key files (config.php) and they were fine. Problem continues.. still no help =(.

FYI 2 - On MySql = v4.0.17 (or .19) & PHP = 4.2.3
      Last edited by mark99; Sun 21 Mar '04, 12:35am.

Comment

Judging by the related code, it's related to the failed language install (from line 266 onwards):

// get default language
        $phraseinfo = $DB_site->query_first("
        SELECT languageid" . fetch_language_fields_sql(0) . "
        FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "language
        WHERE languageid = " . intval($vboptions['languageid']) . "
        ");
        foreach($phraseinfo AS $_arrykey => $_arryval)
        {
        $bbuserinfo["$_arrykey"] = $_arryval;
        }
        unset($phraseinfo);

Comment

Hi mark99,

I'm having exactly the same problems. Im also using php version 4.2.3 and mysql 4.0.17 (one&one).

Anybody been able to get round this problem please.

Comment

Nice to know I'm not alone, what I'm going to try now is dumping the 'language' table from my private testing vB3 FINAL install and replacing that into the public one.. it's a long shot but since there's no staff helping ATM I might as well try. Things can't get much worse .

Comment

Ok that worked, but the same 'Master Language' process keeps coming up as you go along and stalling, so I've skipped it and will try re-importing the language table again at the end....

Comment

Didn't need to re-import it as the process wasn't cleaning the table, so the data remained after I imported it. Now I'm into the CP and will get on with the rest of the process.

I hope the vB3 team take a look at this since future upgrades could be a problem as this is a repeated issue.

Comment

I note when submitting changes to 'General Options' that this pops up, albeit quite briefly:

Could not find phrase 'saved_settings_successfully'.
                  Mind you, I haven't re-built anything yet so.. I dunno.

UPDATE: Seem to get quite a few of those when submitting changes under the CP, although it's more of a cosmetic issue. I did a brief look at the forum (not a proper test) and no such errors occured on the public display. Will keeping checking as I'm only 50% through the upgrade.
                  Last edited by mark99; Sun 21 Mar '04, 2:37am.

Comment

I have the same problem! I am with you guys!

Comment

But I have this:

MASTER LANGUAGE

Please Wait

<B>There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
                      Please try again by pressing the
                      refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

AND:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /homepages/30/d69121943/htdocs/talk/includes/sessions.php on line 270

Unable to add cookies, header already sent.

File: N/A
                      Line: 0

</B>
                      Last edited by @44457; Sat 24 Jul '04, 3:06pm.

Comment

php 4.2.3 is rather outdated. Can you put the following code into a file called phpinfo.php and put it onto your server, as well as provide us with a link to it?

PHP Code:
                        <?php
                        phpinfo
                        ();
                        ?>

Comment

PHP Version 4.0.6

Comment

WOW! That's an old version you should upgrade.

Got a Boxer?
                            BoxerTalk

Comment

Your at the bare mininum

PHP 4.0.6
                              MySQL 3.23.33

Recommended
                              PHP 4 (latest)
                              MySQL 4.0.16 (minimum)

I would suggest upgrading to php 4.3.8 and ensure that you compile with XML support

Comment

Working...
                              X