Missing Mod Link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Mod Link

My moderators are reporting that the 'Mod' link in the footer isn't appearing. It worked fine in my test installation of 3.0R4, but it no longer works in the gold release. It's appearing fine for me though. If they go to the mod cp page directly, they can log in.

The footer template was not changed.

Try this. Reupload the original vbulletin-style.xml file from the zip file to your install directory. Make sure you upload this in ASCII and overwrite the one on the server. Then import this file in the 'Upload' section of the Style Manager.

Then create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then have your Mods change to this style and have your view your forums with it. Do they still have this problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Same problem here.

It might not be Style related. I unzip all the files on the server. Also the Mod link works for Admins using the same Style.

Comment

It's been removed because it adds an extra query to each page view for all non-super mods/admins. I'd recommend just pointing your mods directly to the mod CP.

Comment

not all sites work the same way, is there an easy way to put it back??

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X