Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's up and working now.

I had an old clean copy of rc2 and I ran that to get past upgrade1.php

So maybe something has changed in upgrade1.php since rc2?

I figured you vB guys would be very interested in knowing my findings and fix. Let me know if you need anything from me I still have my gold install files.

Comment

Just an FYI, both myself and Wayne have also had this problem. Wanted to collect all the info. here so I could highlight the thread to one of 1&1's senior techy staff:

Wayne: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98515

Me: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98489
      I'd prefer to use the final upgrade code, not least because I can't find a place for members to download RC2, so hopefully the vB devs can look at that rC2 vs GOLD vB3 code issue to find a semi-fix for those of us with problems ASAP.

Comment

Im having the same problem when upgradeing from 3.0 RC2 I get to the Master Language Upgrade step and it just hangs, if I skip this step everything else go's as it should but then phrases are missing from the control panel (but main forums seem to be o.k.) its as if its doing a partial install of the XML file or something.

I also use 1&1 as provider which is starting to look like a common factor here, has anyone else had the problem but isnt useing 1&1?

anyone got a fix yet?

Comment

So far I haven't had a responce from 1&1 and the vB devs have gone rather quite =(. Hope they don't forget about us, there are quite a few vB owners on 1&1...

Comment

I'm using 1&1 as well and I am having the same problems.

Just a thought...would it perhaps be different when using the vb3 Version from the vbulletin.com site instead of the version at vbulletin-germany ? I can't test it though as I "switched" over to vbulletin-germany a while ago...

Regards,
            Jackson

Comment

Confusing....

I am not using 1&1... I reported something like this in http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92833

Hopefully my upgrade-process went OK regardless of the fact that I did not get on 'Okay'-message during the style-upgrade-process....
              How much do you love XenForo?

Comment

Anybody had progress on this? Still no responce from 1&1 and the vB team say once again to try uploading the .XML's in ASCII, which I tried long ago and the same problem occured.

Nobody is being much help ;(.

Comment

Anybody?

Comment

See this thread . Looks like it is a problem with 1&1 hosting in that they PHP is compile without the --with-xml option.

I'm with 1&1 - thank god I didn't try a vb3 upgrade yet! I don't hold out a great deal of hope of them changing this unless the vB team can put pressure on them.

Michael.

Comment

Thanks for helping to enlighten me/us, at least now we know what's wrong.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X