Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mysql error number: 1064 when moving post....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mysql error number: 1064 when moving post....

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem...I have upgraded from RC4 to Gold - It all went smoothly! Except, when I want to move/copy a thread - it give this error (It gives this error first and if I check the destination forum...it has copied it over)

Database error in vBulletin 3.0.0:

Invalid SQL:
    REPLACE INTO postindex
    (wordid, postid, intitle, score)
    VALUES

mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 3

mysql error number: 1064

Date: Saturday 20th of March 2004 07:44:12 AM
    Script: http://www.**************.com*********/postings.php
    Referer:
    Username: ****************
    IP Address: *************

life sucks! I set aside the weekedn to tweak my upgraded Gold forum and I get this problem and it's gonna set me back days until someone can help me...
    Last edited by Marula; Sat 20 Mar '04, 6:09am.

Comment

Run 'Find Updated Templates' and revert all the templates it finds. Then run 'Suspect File Version' in Diagnostics and report back the results.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I've done that and and everything looks above board, but this still has not fixed my problem - Steve is there anything else I can try?

Comment

I'm using Mysql version: 4.0.18-standard

Comment

If anyone from the VBTeam can help me that would be appreciated...

Comment

Ok, I've tried the following:

1. I've tried a fresh install and did a MOVE/COPY thread test and it all works...
              2. I've re-installing and uploaded my DB and did a upgrade and it still has this problem (I upload all files as either Binary or ascii.)

I seems importing my vb2.3.2 DB is the problem...

Can anyone help me?

Comment

Please be patient and wait at least 12 hours before bumping your posts. Some of us need to sleep occasionally.

You didn't report back the results of the 'Suspect File Version' like I asked. Also what is the URL to you Board. Have you added any code to the headinclude, header or phpinclude templates?

Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Sorry Steve - I am a little selfish at times...
                  The 'Suspect File Version' results came up with a few descrepencies that were only related to 2 arcade files - It seems that this isn't related to the problem as they are just install files fot he arcade hack...

I will try what you recommend in your post above...and report my findings back...

Comment

I created a new styles like you said and it worked!!!

So the problem lies with my 2 custom styles!!!

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                    Please be patient and wait at least 12 hours before bumping your posts. Some of us need to sleep occasionally.

You didn't report back the results of the 'Suspect File Version' like I asked. Also what is the URL to you Board. Have you added any code to the headinclude, header or phpinclude templates?

Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

Comment

Yes, the problem is with those styles.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
                      X