Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Runtime Error: Smiles and Standard edit tools not working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runtime Error: Smiles and Standard edit tools not working!

When creating a new post or a reply on my message board, users are unable to click anything located on the standard ediotr including smiles. If you try to click anything an Error box pops up that reads:
    -------------------------------------------
    A Runtime Error has occurred.
    Do you wish to Debug?

Line: 216
    Error: 'theform.message' is null or not an object
    ----------------------------------------------

Please note that VBCODE (bold, ect) does work. Does anyone know why this is hapening??

Message board is located here:
    http://www.damndjs.com/board/

Make sure you have uploaded the RC4 "clientscript" files to the clientscript directory.

Also make sure these templates are default:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Editor Templates

Comment

all the files are up to date (this happoened on RC3 as well).

it is happenign to all the templates.

Comment

Try reproducing this problem with a new default style. If your files are up-to-date then the problem is most likely with your style.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
          Try reproducing this problem with a new default style. If your files are up-to-date then the problem is most likely with your style.
          it works on a new default systle. Im going to reskin it and let you know if it still works.

Thanks!!!!

Comment

I cant tell if it is the style yet because what NOW apears to be happening is ADMIN acounts are working fine (no errors) but reguler users are experincing the error.

Im going to hold off on resking a new stlye till gold comes out I think because it is becoming really hard to troubleshoot. I was just wondering if anyone else has been expericning this problem...

Comment

I am getting a runtime error in line 360, says objext expected. When viewing my new custom theme
              Bluepearl Skins - vBulletin 4 & 5 Skins

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin80
                I am getting a runtime error in line 360, says objext expected. When viewing my new custom theme
                The same troubleshooting steps apply.

1) Make sure all files are uploaded.

2) Try reverting any templates related to the pages that are generating the error. Then try reproducing the problem on a default style.

Comment

Working...
                X