• Show
Clear All

• Mirical Bernd
    replied
    You're welcome, I am glad I was able to help

Leave a comment:

• rooshine
    replied
    Thanks a lot, Mirical! This is very much appreciated. I can't tell you how helpful this will be.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Mirical Bernd
    replied
    Ok here we go...

And it works for both vB 2 and vB 3-links now

Please edit config.inc.php - There you can enter:

• Siteowner
    • Newdirectory
    • And if you would like to use a different domain - just in case
    It supports passing on links from:

• index.php
    • forumdisplay.php
    • member.php
    • showthread.php
    The script takes its own domain, if you don't define it otherwise - and is pretty flexible.

If you find any bugs, pass them on
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mirical Bernd; Tue 16 Mar '04, 12:29pm.

Leave a comment:

• Mirical Bernd
    replied
    there might be... do you have any experience in php-programming? You could do a small showthread-page, which takes the variables and uses them to redirect, the same with forumdisplay.php - if you give me some time, I will put something up for you

For this, I would need to know, in which folder the forum was and in which one it will be and the domain itself would help

Leave a comment:

• rooshine
    replied
    Thanks for the reply, wayne.
    Originally posted by Mirical Bernd
    Or how about a 404-document, which handles all 404-errors and redirects to the new forum-folder - would be easier to set up as MOD-REWRITE
    Thanks, Mirical. That's what I was originally thinking, but I was hoping there was an easy way to redirect them to the exact page they were looking for in the forums.

Leave a comment:

• Mirical Bernd
    replied
    Or how about a 404-document, which handles all 404-errors and redirects to the new forum-folder - would be easier to set up as MOD-REWRITE

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by rooshine
    My forums are currently installed in the root directory of the website. When we upgrade to VB3, we plan on moving the forums to another directory. We have several thousand pages indexed in google, and if we move the forums most of these search results will point to pages which would no longer be valid. Is there a way to avoid this?
    You would have to use something like MOD_REWRITE to redirect people. This is beyond the scope of a standard vBulletin Installation as it has to be handled on the webserver level.

Leave a comment:

• Changing directories without losing google search results

My forums are currently installed in the root directory of the website. When we upgrade to VB3, we plan on moving the forums to another directory. We have several thousand pages indexed in google, and if we move the forums most of these search results will point to pages which would no longer be valid. Is there a way to avoid this?
Working...
X