Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I allow cookies in my browser, however log in doesn't remember me. The admincp remembers my username, but not password. The log in on the Forum, doesn't remember either.

Close all browsers and manually delete the cookies from your hard drive.

Then login to the web server with a ftp client and view the config.php file.
    Does it include the cookie prefix (near the end) - default is set to "bb"; which is good. (You can change this to a more unique prefix if you prefer) - if it is not set, set it by getting the config.php.new from the original vb.zip file from the member area and edit it again to your settings and upload that.

Anyway, if it is correct and cookies are cleared - then goto the site again and login.

Then close the browser and open it again to your forum, hopefully you stay logged in now.

Note: The forums can remember you, the admin control panel won't remember the password for obvious security reasons.

If you still can't login, it is either because the cookie timeout is set lower then 900 seconds, the path for the cookie is set incorrectly or the domain for the cookie is set incorrectly. You might want to check up on that too. If you believe they are set correctly then I advice to lower your firewall and internet security settings for the browser to see if that has any impact on a second try.

If that also doesn't help - try another browser like Opera or Mozilla to make sure it isn't a bug or weird behaviour from your internet explorer browser (if you happen to use that right now).

Good luck!

Comment

I'm sorry, but I did not get an email that an answer was here. Anyway, what I mean is that when I do have to log in, my username and password are not automatically inserted by the browser. Most other sites where I need to log in, after the first time, the browser inserts my username and password.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X