Creating templates and category

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating templates and category

Is there a way to create a template category in the USERCP.

What I want is to have it like the "Forum Display Templates" where all the templates fall under that template category.

I want to create a cateogory called "Article Templates" and have article1, article2, article3. Fall under that heading of "Article Templates".

Can this be done?
    If so how can I do it?

Then how would I pull up that template? Right now I am pulling my made tamplates as 'article1' from the PHP file. Would it remain the same if I put it under the category "Article Templates"?

This requires modifying the code. You'll need to ask over at vbulletinlorg.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      This requires modifying the code. You'll need to ask over at vbulletinlorg.
      You would think that this would be part of the ADMINCP so thst users can better manage their templates that they create. Maybe this should be a featured added to VB Gold?

Comment

Templates have never been a part of the User CP and members have never been able to create their own templates. Why would they?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Templates have never been a part of the User CP and members have never been able to create their own templates. Why would they?
          Steve I think you misunderstood me. I am not talking about the USERCP. I am talking about the ADMINCP>Style & Templates>Style Manager>Add New Template.

This is where I want to create a category and then stick all my templates under that category that I create.

Comment

You can sort templates at least i think so, as long as you make the one file mod

Comment

This is what I am wanting, as I described in my first post. I have included some screen shots.

What I want to do is include all the files in red in scrren Shot1 under the category "Articles" I would like it to look like "Forum Home Templates" in screen Shot2 does with all it templates under it.

Zachery

What do you mean by I have to make the one file mod? If this is what I need to do. How do I do it? Is that easy to do?
              Attached Files

Comment

Creating a new template category requires modifying the code. You can try asking over at vbulletin.org.

However you can add a template to an existing category, USER CP for instance, by prepending name of the category to the template, i.e., 'usercp_' will will automatically be added to the USER P templates. I just tested this with RC4 and it worked fine.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Creating a new template category requires modifying the code. You can try asking over at vbulletin.org.

However you can add a template to an existing category, USER CP for instance, by prepending name of the category to the template, i.e., 'usercp_' will will automatically be added to the USER P templates. I just tested this with RC4 and it worked fine.
                  Thanks Steve.
                  Has any thought gone into putting this in Gold. It would be a nice feature?

Comment

It would be sure ... I needed it too...

Comment

To sort your template categorys?

No new features will be in gold, maybe for a future version.

But like both steve and i said, it can be hacked in, and its not that hard either.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X