Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bizarre counter problem..numbers get ridiculously huge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• luroca
    replied
    I am having the same problem, suddenly auto_increment goes mad and userid, postid and so became huge and board crash: invalid user, invalid forum, invalid link and so
    I have repair manually the erroneus entries in the database but is very annoying and I donĀ“t know what is wrong
    The problem has been with RC4, 3.0.0 and 3.01 in two different boards in the same server:

Dual xeon 2,4 with 2048 MB ram
    Redhat Enterprise 3.0 - Taroon
    Apache 2.0.46
    Mysql 4.0.18
    PHP 4.3.6

Is there any solution for this problem?
    Regards
    Last edited by luroca; Thu 6 May '04, 1:47pm.

Leave a comment:

• John E. Lester
    replied
    Joy! An update to Mac OS X Server just came out today (10.3.3). I installed it, and now the counter problem has mysteriously disappeared.

Something in the update fixed things. Maybe because MySQL was updated to 4.0.18 ??

Anyway, I'm one happy camper.

Leave a comment:

• John E. Lester
    replied
    Any news on this bug?

My users would really like to be able to use private messages on my system.

And when my 2,500 registered users really want something, I hear about it. Constantly.

Leave a comment:

• John E. Lester
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
    The database appears to be fine and it wasn't what i initially thought. This could be indicating a problem with sprintf, there isn't actually those large numbers of rows just the actual number getting transformed.

I wont be able to get access to my iBook till tomorrow so I'll give it a try and see if its a PHP problem or a Mac OS problem.
    I found this via Google...is this the bug?

http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin...uby-talk/92973

I have no idea what they're talking about on that post...just a shot in the dark.

Leave a comment:

• John E. Lester
    replied
    The database appears to be fine and it wasn't what i initially thought. This could be indicating a problem with sprintf, there isn't actually those large numbers of rows just the actual number getting transformed.

I wont be able to get access to my iBook till tomorrow so I'll give it a try and see if its a PHP problem or a Mac OS problem.
    Thanks so much, Scott. I'm happy it's not a corrupted database. Thanks for working with me on this bug.

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied

Leave a comment:

• John E. Lester
    replied
    Wooo! I got phpadmin installed and running!

I'll Private Message you the URL....

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    Its a PHP Script for managing mysql.

http://www.phpmyadmin.net

Download unzip and edit config.inc.php to match your mysql username and password.

Leave a comment:

• John E. Lester
    replied
    Ahh....looks like I'm already running MySQL 4....

This is a capture from my terminal session on the server:

mysql> status
    --------------
    mysql Ver 12.22 Distrib 4.0.16, for apple-darwin7.0 (powerpc)

Connection id: 478338
    Current database:
    Current user: [email protected]
    SSL: Not in use
    Current pager: stdout
    Using outfile: ''
    Server version: 4.0.16
    Protocol version: 10
    Connection: Localhost via UNIX socket
    Client characterset: latin1
    Server characterset: latin1
    UNIX socket: /tmp/mysql.sock
    Uptime: 3 days 7 hours 34 min 5 sec

Threads: 1 Questions: 6020345 Slow queries: 0 Opens: 85 Flush tables: 1984 Open tables: 64 Queries per second avg: 21.017
    --------------

Hmmm...an *average* of 21 queries per second since I booted up the board 3 days ago. Smokin'!

Leave a comment:

• John E. Lester
    replied
    Caused by autoincrement going a bit bizare I saw this when i used a signed datatype and specified a -1 value it caused the key to start at Max Value -1.

Can you provide me with phpMyAdmin and i'll attemp to repair as much as possible.
    Ahhh....what's phpMyAdmin? Do I need to install it?

Sorry...I'm no MySQL expert.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Im looking at your site, and on the frontside it doesnt seem to display anything with such large numbers

Leave a comment:

• John E. Lester
    replied
    I'm running what came installed with Mac OS X Panther... Apache/1.3.29

Forgot to mention. I'm running the Server version of Panther. So that's Mac OS X Server Panther. Not sure if that would make a difference.

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    Caused by autoincrement going a bit bizare I saw this when i used a signed datatype and specified a -1 value it caused the key to start at Max Value -1.

Can you provide me with phpMyAdmin and i'll attemp to repair as much as possible.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    I advice you to try and reproduce this by making a new database aside from the current one and upload the files in ascii and the images in binairy and the .xml files in ascii again and then do a fresh installation and see if that instance also has this weird event going on for it.

Leave a comment:

• John E. Lester
    replied
    One more thing...I've noticed a pattern.

For every number that should be just 1, it instead uses the number:

This is consistent....so if I have a usergroup with just one user (like admins...just me), or if I create a new usergroup and then just add one person to it as a primary group, it ALWAYS uses that number.

And if I put 2 people....well, then it's 2 x 72,057,594,037,927,940

So bizarre..

Well...other than this disabling my usage of private messages, the board seems to run fine. I love all the features, and my users are having a great time. Thanks for all your work.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X