Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bizarre counter problem..numbers get ridiculously huge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zachery
    replied
    No, not me personally, I will see if there is someone who might know better like a dev.

Leave a comment:

• John E. Lester
    replied
    Since this is a completely new bug and you've no idea what's causing it, do you want me to give you access to my site so you can check things out manually?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    As Jake said MySQL 4 would be a good improvement in general. As i said ive never seen this problem before. and i honestly cant think of anything that would cause it.

Leave a comment:

• John E. Lester
    replied
    Thank you for the quick reply.

I ran every single option in the "Update Counters" admin page. Nothing has changed.

Do you have *any* idea what is causing this? Is it a bug in the pHp code? Or something wrong with the database (and if so, what table?). I've seen you write here how you will log on to other people's sites and manually check things out...will you do that with my site?

I haven't upgraded to MySQL 4 yet. If it's not necessary to run vB3, I'd rather try all my options before resorting to that.
    Last edited by John E. Lester; Sun 14th Mar '04, 3:20pm.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    The last I heard, MySQL 4 is not required to run vB3 but it is highly recommended.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    This is a weird one.... never seen somthing like this,

You might want to try updating your counters...

It seems like your running MySQL 3.x try upgrading to 4.0.16 or newer

Otherwise i have no idea what to tell you :/ sorry.

Leave a comment:

• John E. Lester
    replied
    Aha! I noticed it is also messing with the "primary users" in the usergroup page. It's even doing huge NEGATIVE numbers! Bizarre...

---
    (COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderation 144,115,188,075,855,870 - Edit Usergroup (id: 4)Edit PromotionsShow All Primary UsersShow All Additional UsersView Reputation Administrators 72,057,594,037,927,940 - Edit Usergroup (id: 6)Edit PromotionsShow All Primary UsersShow All Additional UsersView Reputation Moderators - 2 Edit Usergroup (id: 7)Edit PromotionsShow All Primary UsersShow All Additional UsersView Reputation Registered Users -8,356,992,058,539,376,000 - Edit Usergroup (id: 2)Edit PromotionsShow All Primary UsersShow All Additional UsersView Reputation Super Moderators - - Edit Usergroup (id: 5)Edit PromotionsShow All Primary UsersShow All Additional UsersView Reputation Unregistered / Not Logged In - - Edit Usergroup (id: 1)Edit PromotionsShow All Primary UsersShow All Additional UsersView Reputation Users Awaiting Email Confirmation -3,386,706,919,782,613,000 -

Leave a comment:

• Bizarre counter problem..numbers get ridiculously huge!

Hi,

I just set up a site at http://www.braintalk.org (we migrated from an old UBB system we had been using for 4 years). Didn't import anything, just a fresh start. Mac OS X Panther with the current updates, and the built-in MySQL and pHp. Purchased vBulletin and installed the 3.0.0 Release Candidate 4.

Everything seems fine....except for some bizarre counter things. I don't see any errors in my MySQL database, so I have no idea what's causing this.

The error pops up in several places where counters are working. The calculations get screwed up and balloon to numbers like 34453453322 and such. So far I've seen them affect the counter for the number of incoming private messages and the counter when you hover on an icon for a thread so that it says something like "you have 2343242423242 posts in this thread."

I had to turn off private messaging, since the page would just time out when people would try open their private message Inbox....I guess from trying to "calculate" something like 34508325029345 messages... :P

You can see all the details of my server at:

http://brain.hastypastry.net/forums/...?=7&do=phpinfo

Any ideas?
Working...
X