• Show
Clear All

• PeF
    replied
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...&threadid=2199

Leave a comment:

• cymro
    replied
    I have uploaded teh backup database, i have full accsess to teh server everywhere, telnet and so (its my mates deadicated server) what i want to know is how do you resore teh backup???

I have accsess to anything on the server if that helps in any directory and i have telnet accsess so please help[!!

Leave a comment:

• PeF
    replied
    I apologize for misunderstanding.
    In this case, it would be the best way. Backup current database, restore that one from previous day and run upgrade1.php. Let us know how it finished.

Leave a comment:

• cymro
    replied
    I think my host has a backup from the following day, if he replaces the mysql database i have now with that then run upgrade1.php will it work, becuase that is what i ran before not install1.php.

Leave a comment:

• PeF
    replied
    The problem as discussed on ICQ is that Cymro ran install1.php when upgrading from 1.1.5. It probably creates some tables in the database.

Leave a comment:

• cymro
    replied
    ok, i've tried that but the forum still dont work, if anyone can help can you ICQ me 70715628

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• JamesUS
    replied
    It seems the tables already exist in the database - if you're trying to upgrade the forums you need to be sure to run upgrade.php rather than install.php.

Otherwise you need to empty the database before doing a fresh install of vBulletin.

Leave a comment:

• cymro
    replied
    Can anyone please help!!!!

Leave a comment:

• cymro
    replied
    Here it is.

<html>
    <!--
    --><head><title>vBulletin Install Wizard 1.1.5 - Set up tables</title></head>
    <body><p>Setting up tables...</p>
    <!-- Database error in vBulletin Installer: Invalid SQL: CREATE TABLE announcement (
    announcementid SMALLINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
    title CHAR(50) NOT NULL,
    userid SMALLINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
    startdate INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
    enddate INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
    pagetext MEDIUMTEXT NOT NULL,
    forumid SMALLINT NOT NULL,
    PRIMARY KEY(announcementid)
    )
    mysql error: Table 'announcement' already exists
    mysql error number: 1050
    Date: Saturday 24th of February 2001 10:13:10 AM
    Script: /admin/install.php?step=4
    Referer: http://www.cdrforum.com/admin/install.php?step=3
    -->
    </td></tr></table>
    <p>There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.</p>An E-Mail has been dispatched to our <a href="mailto:">Technical Staff</a>, who you can also contact if the problem persists.</p><p>We apologise for any inconvenience.</p>

Please help it need to be up quick, that is from vb 1.1.5 as i cant get the error message from vb 2.0as it says setup hs detected that it has alredy been run

Leave a comment:

• JamesUS
    replied
    Please view the source of the error page and post what you find

Leave a comment:

• cymro
    started a topic Help!!!

Help!!!

I need some help i'm having some real trouble.
    After trying to upgrade to VB 2.0, in the upgrade prosess it said something about a table error so i deleted all of vb 2.0 and put 1.1.5 back up now i a error about tables again please help.

This is the error i get with vb 1.1.5.
    Setting up tables...

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

the main this i realy realy need is my users and posts, as it was a realy busy forum.

As a extra if you could get vb 2.0 to wrok that would be grate. But all i need is users and posts thats is very esentual
    Last edited by cymro; Sat 24 Feb '01, 10:20am.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X