UBB timezone import problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UBB timezone import problem

When I import my UBB members into 2.0 they are all assigned an offset of 0. I need them all to be assigned a -5 so that they are all in EST, the same timezone as our forum. How do I accomplish this?

First, since UBB doesn't have timezoneoffset, there is no way to import any values into vBulletin. That is a given in this situation - you can't get something from nothing.

Anyway...

If ALL existing users want to be GMT -5, perform the following SQL query:

UPDATE user SET timezoneoffset = -5

If you want all future registrations to use this offset as well, you could set a default value in the timezoneoffset column in MySQL, and then remove the offset options in register and edit options.

HTH

-jim

Comment

Ok, how do you do that in phpMyAdmin? I don't seem to have command line access to those functions.

Comment

Just click the name of the database in the left panel, and you will get a textarea where you can input SQL commands directly like this:

Just be careful, mySQL has no 'undo' function!

Comment

AND DO NOT RUN THE SQL QUERY THAT KIER HAS IN THAT SCREENSHOT!!!

Be sure to replace the one in the image with the one I provided above.

-jim

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X