Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How DO I Set Up A Few Forums Only Viewable by Me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How DO I Set Up A Few Forums Only Viewable by Me?

I wanna add a couple of forums right now..But they aren't ready to be viewed by everyone on the site yet...So for now i just want them to be viewable by myself..

Can someone let me know how I do that?

Thanks

Edit the forum permissions for every user group except Admin and set 'Can view forum' to 'No' for that forum. This assumes you are the only Admin of course. If not, then this requires hacking and you'll need to ask over at vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Im still able to see this forum as a regular member or guest...But it won't let me in the forum...I would like these forums to be completely invisible to everyone except for myself.

How do i do that? thank you,

Comment

Set 'Hide Private Forums' to 'Yes' in the vBulletin Options.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

but i have another forum that isn't allowed to be viewed by guests but i still want them to know that this forum is there...now it has dissapeared by choosing this option for my other forums....

how can i keep the forums on the index page viewable to everyone...and just change a select few that i wanna hide for now?

Comment

I'm afraid doing this requires hacking. You can try asking over at vbulletin.org.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
            X