Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Title censored words.

Hi,

A user on our forums has put in '/-\dministrator' as his User Title. Since this can be confusing for new members (who's the actual administrator?) I thought of putting the term 'dministrator' in the Censored Words of the User Title inside the ACP. But I still see his ''/-\dministrator' as his User Title on the forums. I rebuild the User Titles inside the ACP also.

I guess I am overlooking something here, but can't figure it out. Someone who can help me? Thanks!
    How much do you love XenForo?

Did you remove his user title manually after adding 'dministrator' to the censored list?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Did you remove his user title manually after adding 'dministrator' to the censored list?
      No I did not. I thought that when I setup the censored list, VB would place '******'-characters in the postbit when displaying a user title. This is not correct thinking of me?

Comment

I believe this is only checked when the user submits the title and it won't censor titles already entered.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ahaaaa.... ok, so thàt was my problem! Thanks for explaining!

Comment

Hmmm... just testing further:

I replaced his '/-\dministrator' text into 'Senior Member' (typed that in manually)... and I didn't even rebuild the Custom Titles in the ACP... still the change was displayed immediately on the postbit.

So... I tried to put the text '/-\dministrator' back and see if this was censored now... but no luck. The text '/-\dministrator' is still being displayed. I have censored the word 'dministrator' so I thought I would end up with this :
            '/-\************' in the postbit?

What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Which version are you running? Have you installed any hacks?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

P.S. I just tested this out on my unhacked 2.3.4 forum and it worked fine.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Hi Steve,

I am running VB 2.3.4 and I did not install any hacks (never did). I will investigate further....

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X