Question... CPanel or Ensim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question... CPanel or Ensim?

I apologize if this thread doesn't fit here. I couldn't think of anywhere else to put it since it relates to a problem I had tonight with vB 2.3.4. I have 2.3.4 installed and tonight I started getting mysql errors pointing to file db_mysql.php. I worked with my host and it was resolved with a reboot of the server.

The problem is that the server I'm on is using the Ensim control panel. I like Ensim a lot but the version of MySQL on there is 3.x. Apparently, they've tried getting it updated to 4.x but Ensim is slower on updates. I have the opportunity to switch to a server running CPanel and a higher version of MySQL (4.x). I'm just wondering, what is the general consensus on this issue. Does vB run better on a server with Ensim and an older MySQL or CPanel with a newer version of MySQL? Or does it just need the updated MySQL either way?

I don't want to switch unless I have to but I will if Ensim is not good for vB. If anyone has any suggestions, I certainly appreciate them.

Again, I apologize if this thread doesn't fit. I just want to make a wise choice before switching, going through DNS changes, and all the other fun stuff of moving to a different server if it won't make a difference.

Thanks,

I've used both. CPanel is far better IMO.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I prefer cpanel

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I'm going to be moving to a CPanel server. I'm on a server with Ensim Pro right now. Is there anything I should know before I do this? Will I need to do a full install of vB or can it just be copied over? I've saved the DB but will I need to redo all the customizations and add the one hack for a Quick Reply? I have vB 2.3.4. Sorry for all the questions. I'm just a little conserned that I need to do everything all over again, outside of the DB related stuff of course.

Thanks...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X