backing up the DB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backing up the DB

not really a problem so sorry if this is a wrong forum to post in.

i am taking on a few new moderators and am somewhat worried about them deleting too much or causing damage in some other way.

backup of entire DB takes 40 seconds - too long to take up 100% of cpu power.

what tables would you recommend i backup? NOT attachment and searchindex, but what tables are essential to recover anything a mod could have deleted?

i'm thinking only the "post" table... anything else?

thank you!

g.
    me? :cool:

40 seconds? Frankly I'd make backups of the full database. Because virtually all the tables are connected in some way, it would be very difficulty, if not impossible to, to simplet restore deleted posts or threads from a table backup.

If you are worried about your Mods, then you can edit their individual permissions to remove the ability for them to delete posts. Then you can set up a private 'Recycle Bin' forum and allow them permissions to move posts and threads into that. Then if they do something wrong you can easily recover from it.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

best idea ever!

thanks a mil
      me? :cool:

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X