Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like styleid=1 Freddie, it rocks

Comment

I was agreeing with you about trying to use the styles to circumvent having to purchase more than 1 license.

Comment

Originally posted by bira
        yeah, I've been meaning to say it sounds to me like a way to buy one license for the whole WWW community

I'm sorry, but if someone wants his own forums, Craig, he should buy vB license.
        I disagree. Lots of sites could never warrant having their own proper vbulletun forum if they just want feedback on their site. Being able to use someone elses forum and have a little section for comments/suggestions/annoucements is perfect. They are hardly lost business for jelsoft! They might be loss business for bravenet webboards but so what?
        Christopher Padfield
        Web Based Helpdesk
        DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

CONFUSED!

OK this is a long topic, and i didnt have time to read it all. But my question is simple.

I have a board, and i want it to use a template set called freedom. NOT default. i created a new style called freedom as well as a new replacement set called freedom. In the styles propertys i made it use the freedom template set as well as the freedom replacement set.

Now on particular forums i can tell them to use this new style, and on the catagories i can do this, but what about the rest. Like the index and the private messaging and the profiles? Please help. Thanks. I've got beta 2. Thanks for any help.

Comment

Originally posted by wluke
            I also want to allow each affiliate a custom support forum that will be created when they create their account and is only visible when people use their style (haven't figured this out yet either.)

If anyone else has any ideas let me know. [/B]
            It would be great if you could choose which forums appear in which style. I understand the issues this brings up (theoretically, you could have one version of vB for the entire web), however, I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing for Jelsoft.

I also think it would rock if you could create a signup page where you could let people sign up to have a co-branded forum. The system would automatically create a new style set based on the default style. They would only be able to edit header and footer templates (or whichever I wanted). It starts to get pretty complex at this point (and starts to look a lot like ezweb), but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Comment

Re: CONFUSED!

Originally posted by MRK
              OK this is a long topic, and i didnt have time to read it all. But my question is simple.

I have a board, and i want it to use a template set called freedom. NOT default. i created a new style called freedom as well as a new replacement set called freedom. In the styles propertys i made it use the freedom template set as well as the freedom replacement set.

Now on particular forums i can tell them to use this new style, and on the catagories i can do this, but what about the rest. Like the index and the private messaging and the profiles? Please help. Thanks. I've got beta 2. Thanks for any help.
              you don't want to do it like that, it is a lot easier. Create the template set "freedom" and replacement set "freedom" like you have. Then click on MODIFY STYLES then click EDIT STYLE PROPERTIES for your DEFAULT style. Then change the replacement set to freedom and template set to freedom and you are done.
              Christopher Padfield
              Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

Problem with styles:

Styles i think have 3 main purposes i can think of so far:

i) co-branding
                ii) custom look for different forums
                iii) allowing your visitors to use different styles depending on colour preferences.

What is the problem? You can't use more than one at the same time.

I use ii) so that I can do different forum display depths in certain areas and also when i get round to it so that i can make one section look different to another. But the problem is then co-branding! You can't have both even though co-branding only affects the header, footer and replacement variables for which my custom per forum styles do not affect.

I am really hoping that wluke's co-branding thing gets round this, so that it dosen't determine the template set but works on top of that so i can have a forum which looks different to the other forums but co-branding still affects them both. Am hoping
                Christopher Padfield
                Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X