Archive Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archive Threads

How do you archive threads for one forum only? I have a forum called Old BT Downloads and I move all of the old threads there. I was wondering how I could archive that forum. Keep the posts. Maybe prune them?

Create an Archive forum that is closed to new posts and move the posts to this forum.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you for such a quick reply. I found a hack over at vb.org that will make it automated.

Comment

Is there any way to make it so the search will not see that forum?

Comment

In vB2 this would require modifying the code. You can ask over at vbulletin.org. In vB3 you can set this in the forum settings:

Index New Posts in Search Engine

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hmm... I might have to think about upgrading then. VB3 seems to offer alot more. Any idea on when we can expect a final VB3 release? I would rather wait for a final release before I switch. My board is too large at the moment. Average users online is aorund 800.

Comment

If you can create a backup of your existing db and restore it to a new one, it would be worthwhile for you to set up a vB3 test forum and try upgrading it now as a test. You might also want to run the database conflicts script prior to attempting the upgrade:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=73163

There is not estimated release date for the final version yet.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X