Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bira
    replied
    I actually had a nightmare like that once - that I accidentally deleted some poster on my BB who has over 6,000 posts, and he went berserk. Woke up covered with sweat... sigh...

Sorry I can't help you. Maybe you should back up your user table in the database, and run Freddie's fix?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Follow Freddie's instructions.

Leave a comment:

• brookelyn
    replied
    Originally posted by bira
    it sounds to me like you removed a user from a usergroup or something. Are you SURE this user doesn't exist on your BB anymore?
    yes all of their posts have been set to guest and when i do a 'find" no usernames come up with their name.

Leave a comment:

• brookelyn
    replied
    Originally posted by freddie
    Well first of have the person re-register, then get the user's new userid then do

UPDATE post SET userid = 'their userid', SET username = '' WHERE username = 'their username'

Make sure you do not screw that query up or you could really mess things up and I take no responsibility if you do.

ehhh, i don't want to risk screwing things up even more - would that be in phpmyadmin? i dont even want to risk it - is there anything else that can be done from within the vbulletin control panel?

for example, i know the same name can be re-registered but cna I update their post counts somehow? dammit i can't believe this happened.

Leave a comment:

• bira
    replied
    it sounds to me like you removed a user from a usergroup or something. Are you SURE this user doesn't exist on your BB anymore?

Leave a comment:

• brookelyn
    replied
    NO! Not from within the user group list.

What I did was modify user groups -> list all users from the group - from within the list it has the edit, remove, etc to choose and not thinking i clicked "remove" since what i was doing was moving the girl from that group to another (its been a LONG day) - the confirmation screen did NOT come up - i hit back as soon as I realized (not even a second after i hit it), but it was too late - BEWARE.

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    Well first of have the person re-register, then get the user's new userid then do

UPDATE post SET userid = 'their userid', SET username = '' WHERE username = 'their username'

Make sure you do not screw that query up or you could really mess things up and I take no responsibility if you do.

Leave a comment:

• Me2Be
    replied
    You didn't get the confirm delete screen after you clicked remove? It prompts the attached screen once you click "remove"

Leave a comment:

• brookelyn
    started a topic OOPS! What can I do?!!! PLEASE READ

OOPS! What can I do?!!! PLEASE READ

OK, I accidentally clicked "remove" on one of my members when i was doing a listing of members in that usergroup. i wasn't paying attention and meant to edit her usergroup, but instead hit remove- it didn't give me a confirmation page to delete them, and i tried to hit back but too late it had already deleted them. this user has over 3000 posts and they are all still there how can i recreate their account and attach all the posts to them? PLEASER HELP THEY are gonna KILL me!!!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X