Question about mysql.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about mysql.

Before I buy a license I wanted to make sure of a few things first. On the site I’m currently building I wanted to have one mysql table of users that would apply to all scripts. That would mean adding extra fields that vBulletin wouldn’t be using in the same table. Would this effect performance? I was planning on editing the script after purchase to meet my needs but it would be great if I could use the script as is without having to hack it to little bits. Would also be nice if the register section of the board would allow for addition of extra fields. The end goal of this being that I can use vbulletin as is instead of having to re-hack it every time you release a update. I guess I just wanted to know if anything like this was slanted for the future or is already implemented. Thanks for your time.

It would not effect performance if you do not index on the fields.

However v2 allows for custom profile fields to be entered so you can expand the User Profile without hacking the board to bits.

In your custom profile fields you can mark fields as required or not as well as for admin use or public.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Cool. One more thing.

Are you able to add or remove the bottons at the bottom? If I wanted to add new buttons that link to functions in other scripts and such is that do-able through the control pannel?

Comment

You can control 99.99% of the HTML output by vBulletin, so yes, you could add whatever buttons you'd like anywhere on the page .

-jim
        "The dot-com bust has cleared out the carpetbaggers and left the Internet to those who really care about it"
        - Jon Ippolito, new-media curator, Guggenheim Museum

Comment

All I got to say is.

Woot!

Comment

nother quick question.

you said you can add fields to the table that vbulletin won't be using but that I can manipulate with my other scripts right? Well I can make these fields hidden to the users right? And also set it so the search engine won't also scan them?

Comment

Your tables won't be opened by vBulletin so there is no way the search or users could know about them.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X