Moderators able to DELETE threads ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderators able to DELETE threads ?

I donlt want Moderators able to delete threads....

I have set up a hidden forum for moderators to move posts to. I donlt want any of them to be able to totally delete threads..

I just found out one of mods had deleted a thread so to cover my back I want to make it impossible for them to delete threads only move them to my hidden forum

I have looked in each mods profile and also user permissions for moderators and can only find "not able to delet thread if they delte own post at beginning of thread"

I donlt want them to be able to delte ANY threads at all...

Can I do this ?
    www.wannabebig.com
    www.wannabebigforums.com
    www.atlargenutrition.com

i was gonna bring this up too.. in 1.1.5 i i disabled delete posts permissions by mods on both own and others posts

why not in v2 ?
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Simply put your moderators in their own usergroup and take that permission away from them.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

apparently i found the permission to not allow mods to delete threads - but it's hidden as a per forum permission

go into 'modify forum permissions' then at the first line of each listed forum where there's a mod assigned it should list the mods for that forum - click on their name and the option to disallow mods to delete posts can be turned on or off

but you have to do that for each forum that mod is assigned to
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Yep I see it !!

You guys are great !
          www.wannabebig.com
          www.wannabebigforums.com
          www.atlargenutrition.com

Comment

no probs.. of course it would be much easier if it was in the moderators permissions with the other settings

Comment

Working...
            X