Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database error 1064

I frequently get this type of error:

Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL: SELECT *,INSTR(',76,-1,', CONCAT(',', forumid, ',') ) AS ordercontrol FROM access WHERE userid= AND (forumid='76' OR forumid='-1') ORDER BY ordercontrol LIMIT 1
    mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'AND (forumid='76' OR forumid='-1') ORDER BY ordercontrol LIMIT 1' at line 1
    mysql error number: 1064

What does this mean and what should I do?

Database error

Followed all the directions - password, user name, etc are all the same,
    however cant restore, mysql is running but index.php says

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Help!!!!

Comment

Jazzcorner - did you mean to post in this thread?

Comment

jazzcorner, please start your own thread.

cdaniel, what is the complete error message including script info? Which version are you running and have you installed any hacks?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          jazzcorner, please start your own thread.

cdaniel, what is the complete error message including script info? Which version are you running and have you installed any hacks?
          We've talked before and I'm the one that desparately needs to upgrade, but I never have time because I have so many customizations in my templates and can never find time away from my business - v 2.0.1.

Sorry, the script info comes in as blank in the email:

Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL: SELECT *,INSTR(',94,-1,', CONCAT(',', forumid, ',') ) AS ordercontrol FROM access WHERE userid= AND (forumid='94' OR forumid='-1') ORDER BY ordercontrol LIMIT 1
          mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'AND (forumid='94' OR forumid='-1') ORDER BY ordercontrol LIMIT 1' at line 1
          mysql error number: 1064
          Date: Thursday 22nd of January 2004 10:19:32 PM
          Script:
          Referer:

The only hack I've installed is in the member list.

Comment

I'm afraid we can't really support such an old and out-dated version of vB, nor can we provide support for forums running hacked code. Many things that worked when 2.0.1 was released, no longer work with the latest versions of PHP and MySQL.

The first thing I recommend is to try running repair.php. You might get lucky and this fixes the problem. If not, the next step is to reupload the original vB files. If you still have this problem then the only other thing I can recommend is to u7pgrade to 2.3.4.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X