Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BrAinZ
    replied
    Because... They are not very good at the best of times, so I thought I'd use it as an opportunity to test a different hosting service.

All I want to do is split an ASCII text file into smaller chunks, can't be that difficult?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Just an idea. why not just use your original host and create a second database and password protect the folder?

Leave a comment:

• BrAinZ
    replied
    Yes, thanks.

Thing is, I need the rest of our Mod Team to be able to view and test the new installation, so no good being only on my system.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    SSH or telnet are the only real way to restore a large part of your databases.

I suggest if you need a test enviroment you setup php apache and mysql on your localhost.

If your using windows you can download http://phperl2.sourceforge.net

this will setup apache mysql phpmyadmin and php. all on your localhost with just a click. then you would be able to use telnet to restore your backup and do testing

Leave a comment:

• BrAinZ
    started a topic Help needed to move database

Help needed to move database

I'm currently trying to set up a TEST server, with a view to upgrading our software to the latest version of VBB.

I've bought some relatively cheap server space, so I haven't got FULL control over it (ie no Telnet access).

I have setup PHPmyAdmin, which I know is not ideal, but it's all I've got

There are a couple of tables in the database which are too big to load, as the server times out, so I'm thinking that the easiest way around this is to split the SQL text dump into smaller files.

OK, I can do this manually.. but is there any software that you know of that will auto do this for me?

Doesn't need to be anything special, as long as it does the job

Thanks in advance!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X