vBulletin (forum) datbase error! emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin (forum) datbase error! emails

I am getting something like 100/hour, but I can't figure out why all the sudden from www.amdforums.com.

The errors I am getting are:

Link-ID == false, connect failed

mysql error: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: YES)

mysql error number: 1045

Date: Wednesday 01st of January 2003 07:48:33 PM

Script: /vb/forumdisplay.php?forumid=25

Referer:

-----------------
    Link-ID == false, connect failed

mysql error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

mysql error number: 2002

Date: Sunday 01st of February 2004 02:30:00 PM

Script: /

Referer:

-------------

And lots, lots more. What is more weird, is that, if you look at the date/time, sometimes it gives the RIGHT date/time, others it is giving me Jan 1, 2003??? What the F?

Also, I have been surfing and posting on the forums while getting these emails, but I haven't seen one MYSQL error show up yet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Any bit of info I have for you:

If I turn OFF sendmail service, the WRONG dated emails (those showing Jan 1 2003) still keep coming. If I turn sendmail servie on, I start getting them both again.

Both messages coming are from "vBulletin (forum) Database error!" subjects.

Comment

1st error:

This error means either:

1. One or more of the following is wrong in your config.php file:
      $dbusername
      $dbpassword
      $dbname

If you are unsure of what the appropriate values are then you will need to ask your web host.

2. Or that this db user is not assigned to that database or does not have permission to access MySQL. Since each web host is different, if you do not know how to do this then contact your web host for help.

2nd error:

This error means either MySQL crashed, it's not running or it can't find the socket. You need to contact your host about this. Here is more info on this error:

http://www.mysql.com/doc/C/a/Can_not...to_server.html
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        1st error:

This error means either:

1. One or more of the following is wrong in your config.php file:
        $dbusername
        $dbpassword
        $dbname

If you are unsure of what the appropriate values are then you will need to ask your web host.

2. Or that this db user is not assigned to that database or does not have permission to access MySQL. Since each web host is different, if you do not know how to do this then contact your web host for help.

2nd error:

This error means either MySQL crashed, it's not running or it can't find the socket. You need to contact your host about this. Here is more info on this error:

http://www.mysql.com/doc/C/a/Can_not...to_server.html
        Thanks, but the first error came from something else a LONG time ago that sendmail messed up.

As for hte second one -- this is happening only intermittently. As the forums still work for nearly all users and page views.

Comment

Not sure what you mean about sendmail. The causes of the first error ('Access denied') are as I posted.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            Not sure what you mean about sendmail. The causes of the first error ('Access denied') are as I posted.
            Basically, for the first one, those were message on another, previous server, from 2003, that never got sent out. It had nothing to do with the current problem.

Thanks though!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X