Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't import users from UBB? (case-sensitive?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't import users from UBB? (case-sensitive?)

Hopefully, someone can help me with this. I'm trying to import users from UBB and it keeps hanging on me with this message:

<!-- Database error in vBulletin Control Panel: Invalid SQL: INSERT INTO userfield (userid,field2,field3,field4) VALUES (0,'New York,NY','','Attorney')
    mysql error: Duplicate entry '0' for key 1
    mysql error number: 1062

I think that the problem comes from the following....

In memberslist.cgi, I have the following entries:

dave|!!|00000002
    Dave|!!|00000174
    DAVE|!!|00001043
    DaVe|!!|00001052

These are all separate user accounts to UBB, but it appears that Vb does not take case into consideration?

It is hanging on creating the 174th account, so this is what I have to assume it is. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    -DaVe

anyone???
    -DaVe

Comment

UBB was VERY stupid for considering those to be separate accounts - and even more stupid for preventing people to login just because they used different case in their username. The Internet is meant to be easy enough for people WITHOUT PC skills to use it, forcing case sensitivity in a username is hardly wise (passwords are a different matter).

Grant that UBB no longer allows you to register two people with the same name but different case, but if you use different case to log in it will still reject it. Their reason for not fixing it was that this code is duplicated about 50 odd times throughout the code - another example of why UBB is such a piece of sh#t

Comment

Well, I don't think the case sensitivity was your problem there because the [technical stuff] insert id was 0, meaning that the previous query failed. [/tech] Although the case stuff may have caused the failure, I'm not 100% sure.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X