Query empty errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query empty errors

After upgrading to 2.3.4 I've been getting (no joke) thousands of emails from all different URLs containing this error
    Code:
    Database error in vBulletin Control Panel 2.3.4:
    Invalid SQL: 
    mysql error: Query was empty

mysql error number: 1065
    Although I only see the error in the admincp, apparently it's coming from URLs all throughout the board. Any ideas what's going on?

h

Did you receive any errors during upgrade or did you upload ALL the 2.x files, replacing what was there?

Comment

No errors during upgrade, I uploaded every file besides for install.php.

h

Comment

Off-topic; I score your logo a 10/10 : SUPER .. it looks really nice.

I am a big guitar fan and I like that style of graphic, it also gives me the direct feel of what to expect on your site and I just had to drop my jaw. Very good work!

On-topic; You have an example of the full error? Which script perhaps, line error, etc?

Comment

Wow, thank you very much for the compliments. I'm looking to upgrade to vB3 but have no idea how to bring the skin with us. If you or anyone you know have can out with that it'd be greatly appreciated!

On topic: example of (one of) the full errors (this one from the CP. The only errors I see on a specific page are from the CP, all errors from other forum pages I only know about from emails) is as follows.
          Code:
          Database error in vBulletin Control Panel 2.3.4:
          Invalid SQL: 
          mysql error: Query was empty
          mysql error number: 1065
          Date: Sunday 01st of February 2004 12:12:57 AM
          Script: http://otnforums.snooboo.com/forum/forum/admin/index.php?&action=home
          Referer: http://otnforums.snooboo.com/forum/admin/

h

Comment

The first thing to do is reupload all the original 2.3.4 non-images files. Make sure you upload these in ASCII and overwrite the ones on the server.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Just to be sure, is it good to/safe to delete the current files now on the server, then upload all the original 2.3.4 ones?

h

Comment

Yes, except for config.php and your image files which you can leave. All the data is in the database - not the files.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Well, deleting all the files (then reuploading) seems to have done the trick. Am I correct that I can also delete all files the /admin beginning with "upgrade"?

I love vB - glad I renewed my license.

h

Comment

Yes, it's actually a good idea to remove the upgrade*.php files.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
                    X