Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding text under avatar

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Adding text under avatar

    Had a look round but couldn't find an answer to the question of 'can you add text under an avatar, and if so how?' Bit of a n00b question, just getting used to the vBulletin layout, any help much appreciated. TIA

  • #2
    You can modify the postbit_userinfo template through the admin control panel of the template section to add text below the avatar picture. Find the variable for avatar in the template and below it add <br>Your text here

    Good luck! If you have more questions, feel free to ask.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by floris
      You can modify the postbit_userinfo template through the admin control panel of the template section to add text below the avatar picture. Find the variable for avatar in the template and below it add <br>Your text here

      Good luck! If you have more questions, feel free to ask.
      Thanks for the quick reply. I just had a look and I don't appear to have a postbit_userinfo template

      Comment


      • #4
        If I remember correctly, vBulletin version 2 has postbit templates, and one of them has _userinfo. Hm, I could be wrong :P Let me check!

        [back]

        Indeed, there is not Must have been version 3, beta X

        Anyway, it does have the template: postbit_avatar
        You can also put the text in that template directly below the code of the image.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by floris
          If I remember correctly, vBulletin version 2 has postbit templates, and one of them has _userinfo. Hm, I could be wrong :P Let me check!

          [back]

          Indeed, there is not Must have been version 3, beta X

          Anyway, it does have the template: postbit_avatar
          You can also put the text in that template directly below the code of the image.
          Ah, that put text below everyone's avatar Is there any way of each user being able to add their own text, I wonder?

          Comment


          • #6
            You didn't mention you wanted your users to enter the text themselves.

            You can use Custom Profile Fields to do this.

            Then open the postbit template and find this code:

            $post[avatar]<br />

            Replace this with:
            $post[avatar]
            <br /><smallfont>$post[field5]</smallfont><br />

            Change the 5 to the custom profile field you want to show.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by floris
              You didn't mention you wanted your users to enter the text themselves.

              You can use Custom Profile Fields to do this.

              Then open the postbit template and find this code:

              $post[avatar]<br />

              Replace this with:
              $post[avatar]
              <br /><smallfont>$post[field5]</smallfont><br />

              Change the 5 to the custom profile field you want to show.
              Thanks again for the info. Sorry to be stupid but where can I find Custom Profile Fields? Like I say, I'm very much the n00b

              Comment


              • #8
                Hi again,

                You can find the Profile manager in the left menu in the admin control panel.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by floris
                  Hi again,

                  You can find the Profile manager in the left menu in the admin control panel.

                  Great! Many thanks for you help (and patience! ).

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hi once more,

                    No problem, I am glad I can help.
                    If you have more questions, just let me know.

                    Comment

                    widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X