Search the User List for users with permission in a specific forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search the User List for users with permission in a specific forum

I have a couple of private forums on my site.

One of them was for beta testers of an expansion pack. The testers signed an NDA. Someone in the beta testing group has posted information from the private forum elsewhere.

I do not want to lose all the discussions in that forum, but I need to remove everyone's access to it (everyone but admins).

Is there a way to search for all users who I have given specific permission to access that forum?

I am running Version 2.3.0

There's no built-in way to do this. You could probably construct a MySQL query for this, but I'm not sure what that would look like.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks.

What I ended up doing was creating a new private forum named "Expansion Archive" and did a mass move of all posts from the Expansion forum.

Then I can just delete the Expansion forum and it doesn't matter who had permission to access it.

It is a bit of a kludge, but I think it did the job.

Incidentally, if I recreated the "Expansion" forum and moved the threads BACK there, would people who had access to the previous "Expansion" forum have access again? Or does deleting a forum automatically wipe everything out?

Comment

It should wipe out the permissions since they are based on forumid.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          It should wipe out the permissions since they are based on forumid.
          Thanks.

That's a handy little trick then for removing everyone's access to a forum.

1) Mass move to a temporary forum.

2) Delete forum.

3) Recreate forum.

4) Mass move back to the forum.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X