Templates for categories?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Templates for categories?

I'm curious about templates for categories, simple put that I may want to use a different color scheme for a certain category that has multiple forums.

Say I had two categories, one was gaming and the other was music.

It'd be like this:

Category Gaming (color scheme blue and grey) >>
    -- RPG Forum (same color scheme as category Gaming)
    -- FPS Forum (same color scheme as category Gaming)

Category Music >> (color scheme red and black)
    -- Heavy Metal Forum (same color scheme as category gaming)
    -- Hardcore Punk Forum (same color scheme as category gaming)

in VB 2.0, is it possible to create templates for specific categories. I'm thinking it's quite possible, because when I click on a category here, I see that the other categories are not visible, and there might be a way to actually configure the individual categories with templates, then the forums after that (which I know have templates already )

I hope this is possible, I'd have all sorts of fun.
    Pluh.com (random nonsense) - Psychostick.com (my stupid band) - Collectiveunderground.com (AZ local music site) - Evacuatechicago.com

Do this in the following order.

1. Create a new Replacement Set. This is were you can set your colors.
    2. Create a new Style. Assign the Replacement Set you created in 1 to it and the Default Templateset.
    3. Click on Modify Style. Next to the styleset you just created will be "[Edit Style Font/Colors]". Click on that link and change the colors. Don't change the three text boxes though as they are still global at this point.
    4. Click "Modify" under Forums. Go to the forums with the specialized color and assign your new style to them.
    5. If you want, click no on "Allow User to override?" underneath that.

Repeat this for each forum.

If you want a different look and feel for each forum then do the same thing with templatesets, assigning them to stylesets as you go.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X