• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error with email_validated template

Hi,

When i want to validate a new user account, through this link:

admin/user.php?s=&action=moderate

.. the text of the email that appears there, is from the original template
    email_validated, and not from my translated version.

I have only one style in my forums, the Default one.

How can i fix this problem?

Thank you in advance.
    LaPiba

Translated?
    Maybe the author of the translation didn't include that code/template to be translated. I'd contact him about this.

Comment

Hi,

The templates have been translated by me, and i have already checked that that particular template is also translated. So maybe another problem.
      LaPiba

Comment

Which template and phrase does one need to modify? I will check here myself - maybe it is hardcoded where it should be a phrase or eval for template.

Comment

Hi Floris,

Which template and phrase does one need to modify?
          The problem is with the entire content of the email_validated template.

The template is OK, i think the problem is in this script:

admin/user.php

It seems that the script gets the original template instead of the customized version of the template.

Is this a bug?
          LaPiba

Comment

Do you have more than one style and template set? vB will use the template from the official default style set (the one without the 'remove' link.)
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I have only one style, the "default" one.

But sometimes ago i had others and renamed styles, then deleted the others, perhaps i did something really wrong in such a way that, currently, my "default" style has:

styleid=1

*but*

replacementsetid=3
              templatesetid=3

So the only template set i have does have a "remove" link.
              LaPiba

Comment

And did you change the template of templatesetid 3?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes, the template email_validated has been changed by me in the templatesetid 3 (the only one i have)

I have just found that the problem may be this line in admin/user.php ?

$gettemp=$DB_site->query_first("SELECT template FROM template WHERE title='email_validated' AND (templatesetid=-1 OR templatesetid=1) ORDER BY templatesetid DESC");

I have removed the "AND ..." clause and now it gets the proper template.
                  LaPiba

Comment

Hmmm...maybe you should report this in the Bug tracker.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Same problem here. And, actually, that line is followed by this comment: //kludgy!!

2.2.8 running here (with various security fixes you distributed).

Comment

Hate to bump threads but... could somebody from the developers say why after modifiyng that line as LaPiba suggested everything works fine?

I hate to change code without understanding what I'm doing.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X