Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More of a what would happen question really...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Kane
    replied
    No shell access, its just the speed, it slows down with like.....60 -80 processes. we cant kill them one by one, and SQL reload rarely works.

Thank you for your time.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    If the server has shell access, you can remote connect to it with ssh2 or telnet and manage the server remotely.

I doubt that clearing out the session table will give you more space.

.. I will go read that thread in your post now

Leave a comment:

• Jimmy Kane
    replied
    Originally posted by floris
    If you empty the session table, the who is online will show up with nobody online, until they make a connection again.

This won't lower the load on the resources that your server is trying to cope. You could also just try to restart the web server/ database server. (server reboot maybe)
    would it give the server a little time to gather itself if you will?
    anyways, we dont have access to it as i am in the west midlands, the other admin is in london, and the server is in manchester. To get you up to speed with the problem i will find you the thread.

Edit, here we are:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92841

thanks for your help

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    If you empty the session table, the who is online will show up with nobody online, until they make a connection again.

This won't lower the load on the resources that your server is trying to cope. You could also just try to restart the web server/ database server. (server reboot maybe)

Leave a comment:

• Jimmy Kane
    started a topic More of a what would happen question really...

More of a what would happen question really...

Anyways, our current server is struggling to cope, the phpMyAdmin wont reload etc etc. Now, if we were to TRUNCATE the sessions table what would happen? would it do any damage to the forum?

Thanks
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X