Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup stalls

Hi,

I have run into a strange problem. I usally backup my forum twice a week and a week ago, the backup process started stalling during downloading. I have tried a few differant ways and each get differant results of stalling. At the moment, my last good DB backup was @34mb.

- My usual way to back up is through the adminCP, storing the .sql file locally. Now when I run the backup, it hangs a 4.9mb and never finishes.
    - My second method was using a CGI based script from IndexSoft called DB manager which has worked well with backing up and restoring the DB. This will go downloading but stall at 17.9%
    - My most recent attempts have been through SSH. The process to backup to a directory runs but reports on 25mb and not 34mb when finished. Then if I try to download it through FTP, it wont get past 17% downloaded and stalls.

Any clue what may be causing this?

Thanks in advance,

Chris
    Chris von C

Sounds like a problem with your host

Remember that when you use SSH i belive it optimizes the tables abit so that they are not quite as big.

I know my downloaded .sql files are usually a tad smaller than what my ACP reports.

Any webbased application like vB's or via phpmyadmin will never been 100% and cant be counted on.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisvonc
      Hi,

I have run into a strange problem. I usally backup my forum twice a week and a week ago, the backup process started stalling during downloading. I have tried a few differant ways and each get differant results of stalling. At the moment, my last good DB backup was @34mb.

- My usual way to back up is through the adminCP, storing the .sql file locally. Now when I run the backup, it hangs a 4.9mb and never finishes.
      - My second method was using a CGI based script from IndexSoft called DB manager which has worked well with backing up and restoring the DB. This will go downloading but stall at 17.9%
      - My most recent attempts have been through SSH. The process to backup to a directory runs but reports on 25mb and not 34mb when finished. Then if I try to download it through FTP, it wont get past 17% downloaded and stalls.

Any clue what may be causing this?

Thanks in advance,

Chris
      You may want to run a check on tables of your database to see if one or some of them maybe corrupt.

The only bad thing about it is if they are corrupt and you run the repair script, some of the data may get deleted in order to get the corrupted tables corrected.

Some one with better knowledge maybe able to help you not to lose the data if your tables are corrupted or at least keep it to a minimum.

:cool: That which is obvious, needs no introduction. :cool:

Comment

Zachery & ABLady, thank you for replying.

Zachery, I am also suspecting my host did soemthing and are not owning up. I run these same processes on both a local laptop as well as my private test server o confirm that I was still doing everything right. All backup and restore funtions run as they should on those other 2 tests.

ABLady, now that you mention it, I did notice last week the appearance of this message:
        Error: The additional Features for working with linked Tables have been deactivated. To find out why click here.

Not being too swift with this issues, I have no idea what to look for or why it would just kick off suddenly. If I had just applied some hacks I would simply undo whatever I had just done but like I said, these problems seemed to start out of the blue.

Chris
        Chris von C

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X