Questions about Mark Forum Read, Cookies and AltColors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Mark Forum Read, Cookies and AltColors

I am a new user of vbulletin and I've just installed vbulletin 2.3.4 on my webiste (I decided to go with 2.3.4 over 3 as I had problems with 3). I am trying to customize my board and have figured out some things already but some things are stumping me. Can anyone help me with the following....

1. From tinkering with the board it's my understanding that the system will mark all forums read after a certain period of inactivity (the cookie timeout, currently set at 900 seconds). Users can also manually mark forums read by clicking on the links on the page. My problem is that my board contains fiction stories and users will be frequently surpass the 900 seconds of inactivity when they are reading a long story post. I do not want the system to mark all their forums read. Rather I would like to somehow disable the automatic mark forums read and leave it that users must click the Mark Forum Read manually. Is there a way to do this?

2. I have set both my firstaltcolor and my secondaltcolor to the same colour because I do not want alternating background colours on my forum home page nor on the thread listing page. However, I do want alternating colours on the thread post page....so that the first post is in one colour, the reply post is in another colour. I can find nothing to manipulate to achieve this. I thought perhaps I could just go into one of the templates and change the secondaltcolour to #D6C7BA but it doesn't seem to be set up that way. Can anyone help me with this one?

3. May as well throw in a 3rd question! Are there pre-made graphic sets somewhere for the function keys (ie. the Post Reply, New Thread keys) that are freely available for use? My board is done in brown tones and the blue keys don't really match.

Thanks for any help.

1. No, there is no way to do this except by extending the cookie timeout.

2. Not sure what you've tried. For help with template modifications try vbulletintemplates.com.

3. There are problably free graphics available somewhere but I don't keep a list. Have you search these forums for other threads about this?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X