Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logout in IE5.5 - Any fix?

Hi,

I know that this is a known bug, but I searched to see if anyone posted a fix for it and found nothing.

This is actually the only bug that is preventing me from making the final switch "live" to vB2 on my forums, since this is quite a problematic bug for us.

So, can anyone provide perhaps an interim solution to this?

I'd appreciate help, and thanks!

Bira

OK, I manually deleted all cookies on my computer and now the logout seems to work fine (all browsers).

Comment

I made changes to both the logout and login functions. We seem to be about 99.9% clear of the "half" logged in thing. There's one small issue that only *one* person can seem to reproduce, that doesn't make sense, and even then, can get around it by simply refreshing the page. (Yeah, I'm not sure either)

The logout function hasn't been tested as thouroughly.

But I think the problem happens when you end up with 2 bbuserid/bbpassword cookies -- one "active", one "inactive" (still exists, is sent, but doesn't like to be edited). Deleting cookies manually fixes majority of all cases.

Another time you can mess up cookies is if you change the cookie path or domain. Cookies can only be deleted under the exact circumstances they were created. Change the path or domain will mess that up.

Comment

Ed I think the problem on my side was that I was effectively running two BBs with the same domain/path configuration. Not sure why it didn't affect Nestcape and Opera and only IE, but setting a different domain to the vB2 test BB and THEN deleting all the cookies on my computer did the trick.

Anyhow, you might want to see my thread about login/logout issues in the Suggestions and Feedback forum. Not sure if it will help you all very much, but from the tests I've done with the changes I made to the code, everything is working smoothly and flawlessly now on my test BB, with all browsers.

Cheers,

Bira

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X