Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Craig A
    • Apr 2000

Co-branding

OK, so I *finally* manage to get vB 2.0 setup on our server (thanks for the special import script, Freddie ) and i'm all set to play about with it prior to setting up the co-branding and deploying on our live site.

However... where can I find any information on how the co-branding works ? What do I need to do ? Set up a new set of styles, templates or both ? And how exactly do I link to the forum to call these new styles ?

Call me dunce if you will, but i'd appreciate a bit of guidance here as i'm not getting anywhere!!

Cheers
  • Mas*Mind
    • Jun 2000

Create a new style-set, link in a website to your forum with the styleid=x parameter:

eg:

You can see a example of this at the beta forum:

or

The style keeps preserved through that session.

Comment

• Craig A
      • Apr 2000

hmmm... added a new style set, changed some things about, tried to link to the forum as you say, but nothing...

How exactly do I know what link format to use ? Guess ?!

The new style set is called trackdates.com - do I need to link to ?styleid=trackdates.com ? Or ?styleid=1 ???

Thanks for your help.

Comment

• Mas*Mind
        • Jun 2000

You have to refer to a styleid=x link...where x represents the unique id (a nr) of the style...There's currently no easy way to find out which styleid your style uses...but you can find it out by examining the links in your control-panel...

Comment

• Craig A
          • Apr 2000

OMG! This is soooo weird... what have I done wrong ?!

When I edit the styles of my new style set (named trackdates.com and which I now discover is styleid=4) then my 'default' styles change too ?? huh ?!

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
            Former vBulletin Developer
            • Apr 2000
            • 3.6.x

If your style is pointing to the same sets as the "default" style, then yes.

Comment

• Craig A
              • Apr 2000

Nope - still having no luck Take a look at:

TenTenths Motorsport Forum. Thousands of users, OVER 3 million posts on motorsport around the world. NASCAR, Formula 1, CART, IRL, A1 GP, you'll find them all at Ten-Tenths.

and
              TenTenths Motorsport Forum. Thousands of users, OVER 3 million posts on motorsport around the world. NASCAR, Formula 1, CART, IRL, A1 GP, you'll find them all at Ten-Tenths.

These are two distinctly different sets of styles - but they both appear exactly the same! What is wrong ?

I set up a new set of styles, templates and replacement values. And the when I go to styles and click modify style properties, I have definately entered the correct template and replacement sets too.

Now what can I do ? As far as I can see, there must be some form of bug as i've followed the instructions i've been given and what i've seen mentioned elsewhere on the forums. Has anyone else got these things setup ? Maybe they can provide some detailed instructions ?? It'd be really appreciated as i've not been so frustrated with a piece of software for a long time

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
                • Apr 2000
                • 3.6.x

Looking at the queries running on that page, I'm pretty sure you don't have user selectable set to "yes" (at least for styleid=4).

Comment

• Craig A
                  • Apr 2000

ooh... who feels silly now ? I thought that option was there so that I could prevent the user from switching styles in their profile...

Thanks - i'll give it a go

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
                    • Apr 2000
                    • 3.6.x

It's that too

But if you don't want users to select styles in their profile, there's a global switch for that.

The only time you'll probably want to make a style non-user selectable is when you want to use it as a forum specific style that you can't specify through the URL.

Comment

• Craig A
                      • Apr 2000

Oh, I give up - still struggling here Where are the instructions ? I cannot get this to work by just tinkering around

I made some changes to the Default set of templates, tried to export them and then reimport them as a different set so that I could test the idea of different replacement vaules, and I get a database error when trying to reimport

How the hell do I reimport ? Is this a bug ? If not, what am I doing wrong ?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎