Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

many of my users have been deleted any clue how to get them back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocket2
    replied
    thanks

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    That changes everything. If your site was hacked then the only way to restore this data is to restore a backup of the database. Did you make regular backups? If not, you might want to ask your host if they have a backup.

Here's some things you can do to increase the level of security for your forums:

1. Upgrade to the latest version.
    2. Do not install any hacks
    3. Password protect your Admin and Mod CPs: http://www.javascriptkit.com/howto/htaccess.shtml
    4. Make sure the getadmin.php file is NOWHERE on your website
    5. If you have phpMyAdmin make sure it's password protected.
    6. Inform your host of these hack attempts and ask them to check the logs to see when your account w
    as accessed.
    7. Also ask your host to change the login password for your account
    8. Change all your Admin and Mod passwords.

Note your forums are only as secure as the passwords you use and the server it is on. If the server is accessed then there's nothing vB can do to prevent potential security violations.

Leave a comment:

• rocket2
    replied
    Well my board was hacked by some complete jackass on monday night/tuesday morning
    so now the threads do not appear and my members were cut down to 1/3 of the original memberlist

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Users don't just disappear for no reason. Perhaps you could tell us some more information so we can help.

Leave a comment:

• many of my users have been deleted any clue how to get them back?

anybody got a clue how to get my users list back up to the 550 of monday afternoon from the 174 tuesday morning?
Working...
X