Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Completely two different languages on VB 2.x

Hello everyone,

I have installed a few different language templates onto my website (www.russianmeetingplace.com/forums), including English and Russian...

The problem that I am having is that when people who speak these forum languages try to sign up to become a user, the sign-up and registration process is in English (because the default forum language is English)...

Is there anyway to allow people who speak different languages to sign up in their native language?? Is there some kind of setting or code that I must change?

Another comment: I understand that vbulletin.com does not allow webmasters to place more than one version of VBulletin on their websites. But, I am wondering what harm does that cause vbulletin.com if a person has paid for the software, and wants to place two versions (in different languages) of VB on the SAME website?

Thank you for your feedback,

Khashyar
    www.russianmeetingplace.com
    www.DalaiLamaFilm.com/community
    www.russianmeetingplace.com/forums/
    www.russianmeetingplace.com/russianforum/
    www.wakan.com/forum

At this time, registration is only in English. However I think iit's a good suggestion to have an option to change this. Hopefully the Devs can add this.

As for the license issue, unfortunately that would require two licenses.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you for your reply, Steve...

Is there some way to add registration templates in different languages on a VB2.x forum? For example, can we create links that take a user to registration pages in a specific language?

Or, is there some way to add information into the database (through a php page, or other means, whereby someone can register in their own language??

I feel that there must be some way to do this...

I appreciate VB and the VB developers...

thanks,

Khashyar
      www.wakan.com/forum

Comment

Doing this in vB2 would be a lot harder than in vB3.

You might want to ask at vbulletin.org for a vB3 hack to do this. Meanwhile I encourage you to post this in the vB3 Suggestions and Feedback forum.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ok... Thank you, Steve...

Can I ask you why Vbulletin.com does not want a webmaster to place two versions of VB on the SAME website??

I understand that VB wants to protext it's software, and not allow people who have not purchased the software to use it without paying. But I am curious as to what harm it would do to the company if a webmaster who has paid for the software would like to place two different language versions of VB on the same website? Is it a matter of VB not receiving payment for two versions of the software??

Thanks again for your help, Steve...

Khashyar
          Last edited by Khashyar; Sun 11 Jan '04, 9:52am.
          www.wakan.com/forum

Comment

Because this would be running two completely separate forums. This is standard licensing for commercial software. If we allowed multiple versions of our program to be used on the same website, then this would reduce the amount of income we take in which woudl for us to reduce the support and development we provide.

As for the original issue, I really don't think a 'language choice' hack would be that difficult. I also encourage you again to make this suggestion in the Suggestions forum so it gets the attention of the developers.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X