X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    vNovice

• vNovice
    replied
    OK, I'll put a notice on the board about the CP settings.

Thanks Very Much Steve !

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by vNovice
    In some cases users replying to threads have taken a few minutes to write rather lengthy posts and when they finally submitted them their post was not added to the thread and they lost their reply. I want to know if there is a way to see that this doesn't happen
    In this case they need to set their user cp options to 'yes' for automatic login and using cookies.

In other instances replies need to be made quickly and I need a limit on the time they can take to write a reply.
    There is no way to do this that I'm aware of.

Is there a way to control the timeframe between when you have clicked on Reply, written your post and then you click on Submit ?
    Not without hacking,

Leave a comment:

• vNovice

• vNovice
    replied
    Thanks Steve, but I may not have made clear what I'm asking.

In some cases users replying to threads have taken a few minutes to write rather lengthy posts and when they finally submitted them their post was not added to the thread and they lost their reply. I want to know if there is a way to see that this doesn't happen.

In other instances replies need to be made quickly and I need a limit on the time they can take to write a reply.

Is there a way to control the timeframe between when you have clicked on Reply, written your post and then you click on Submit ?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I don't think you can do what you want. Even if you change this, if they have the options to automaticallyy login and use cookies, they can still post any time they want. And if not, they can log in and post anyway.

Leave a comment:

• vNovice

• vNovice
    started a topic Controlling timeout for reply

Controlling timeout for reply

I'm running 2.2.8 and would like to know if Timeout for cookie can be used (is used) to limit the time that a user can take from when they start writing a reply.

In some instances I need to limit it and in some instances I need to certain there is essentially no limit.

Thanks!