DB error in middle of backup ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DB error in middle of backup ??

I'm currently in the middle of a backup and I tried to access my forums and I'm getting this message:

Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/forum/admin/db_mysql.php on line 38
    P,BODY{FONT-FAMILY:tahoma,arial,sans-serif;FONT-SIZE:11px;}

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

looks like mysql went down while backing up

Comment

Originally posted by Faranth
      looks like mysql went down while backing up
      What must I do to correct the error? Does this mean that my site is lost since the backup was nowhere close to being completed?

Comment

This error means either MySQL crashed, it's not running or it can't find the socket. You need to contact your host about this. Here is more info on this error:

http://www.mysql.com/doc/C/a/Can_not...to_server.html

This should not affect your site at all. However the backup is probably no good.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          This error means either MySQL crashed, it's not running or it can't find the socket. You need to contact your host about this. Here is more info on this error:

http://www.mysql.com/doc/C/a/Can_not...to_server.html

This should not affect your site at all. However the backup is probably no good.
          Steve,

I rent a dedicated server -- should rebooting the server fix the problem or will I still need to contact them?

Thanks

Comment

Reboooting should fix this - at least for a while. But if there are server or configuration issues it may happen again.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X