• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attachment problem

I'm using vb 2.3.0

phpinfo - http://www.modulardepot.com/phpinfo.php

Attachments were working fine. I was allowing up to 250k

All of a sudden, they seemed to stop working. I checked all my setting and they are right. After some testing, attachments up to 5k work. What else could be the problem?

Thanks,

Ken

also, when attaching a file above 5k I don't get any errors, it just doesn't show up and it's not in the database.

Comment

ok, more testing! I have a seperate script that using vb integration but is otherwise totally seperate. It allows users to upload pics to a members section. Everything worked fine before, now it also seems to have a 5k limit. according to phpinfo, the limit is 2MB. What else cold it be? This script stores the files in a directory, so it's not SQL.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
      Ken

Comment

In addition to the vB settings and PHP, the allowed size of the attachments depends on the MySQL configuration. You may need to check and change the upload size for MySQL. Note, you'll need to have root access to the server to do this (or have your host do it.) Make these changes to my.cnf

set-variable=max_allowed_packet=xM

Change it to the size ('x') you want in Megabytes. Restart the webserver and MySQL after making these changes.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks and I guess this isn't your problem but I would appreciate the help....

I don't think it's a MySQL problem because I'm having the same problem with a script I wrote that uploads to a directory and not to MySQL. Worked very well for a month or so and both that script and the VB attachments all of a sudden stopped working above 5k.

Any ideas?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X