i no longer receive mails from my froum since i moved it to new host

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i no longer receive mails from my froum since i moved it to new host

I moved my vbulletin 2.3.0 to now host, with the whole database and everything as in the guide, but i no longer receive mails on new threads/posts/members

and on my old host i was always receiving

what to tell to the support team of the hosting company to touch in order this option to get going again
    Arcade Games - Some free fun for the free time!

In the extras folder in the vBulletin zip file there is a file called mailtest.php. Upload that file to your forum directory and run it from your browser. If any errors are returned and/or you don't receive the test email then either PHP's mail settings aren't correct or there is a problem with the sendmail service on your server. You should contact your host about this.

Comment

it didn't give error, but i also didn't get the mail.. :>

well i hope my host knows what to do.....

Comment

Well my host's support does NOT know what to do! :>

so can anyone of you tell us? :>

Comment

Originally posted by Fking
          Well my host's support does NOT know what to do! :>

so can anyone of you tell us? :>
          Your host can't be much good or they are just too lazy to help you with your problem and are just interested in taking your money.

Comment

Originally posted by poolking
            Your host can't be much good or they are just too lazy to help you with your problem and are just interested in taking your money.
            well maybe....

now on the question?

Comment

Is it a free host or paid for 'hosting plan' ?

If its free then you have got no chance of getting any support at all.

Just my 2p worth

M

Comment

You will need to view the mail logs on the server to see what happened to those emails. Once vB sends it to PHP it's in the hands of the server. If you are on a shared server you may need to ask your host to look through the logs for you.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X