External link forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• External link forum

I know here on the forums (before vB3), there was a forum linking to vB.org. How was this done specifically on this board? I heard you can, and am currently just putting HTML into my forum title so it'll link to the other forum, but it shows zero posts and zero threads etc. in the other columns. I remember here it just showed dashes, how can I do that?

h

it can be done in vB3 by setting it to an option in the forum manager when you make / edit a forum

Comment

No I know that - I meant I know this forum did it on vB2, and I would like to know how to do it on vB2 (which is what I'm using).

h

Comment

search external link on vbulletin.org

Comment

Originally posted by Faranth
          search external link on vbulletin.org
          I know, that hack didn't work with my skin though, I was wondering if there was an alternative.

h

Comment

you can just use the html like your doing now >.<

or upgrade to vb3

Comment

or upgrade to vb3
              I plan on it, I have to renew my members area license, most probably when vB3 goes gold. I only have Beta 6 right now...

Using the HTML way though, I was wondering if there was a way (as I could have sworn I saw here) to show dashes instead of zero posts, etc.

h

Comment

i belive they made a hack for it them selfs

Comment

Well if they could let me in on their secret that'd be nice....

h

Comment

well it could be written with an if condition and hard coded

in php that is >.<

Comment

well it could be written with an if condition and hard coded

in php that is >.<

h

Comment

well id have to check vb2 source code but it would just be a condition, if $forumid == X then youd reset all the varibles for that forum to display your dashes instead of other things.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X