X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with my Config File Setup

Here is the situation....

Previously, my site worked perfectly fine. My company just moved buildings and purchased brand new networking equipment including a slew of Cisco stuff. Nice, but tricky to work with.

Here is the problem. In the config, you have to define the ip address of the mysql server. Fine before but now there is a problem. The box had to be re-addressed from having a public address to a private address. The firewall then takes care of the NAT from public to private address. Everything works fine from the outside. Here's the problem. Internally, I have to use the private IP address, if I use the public it hangs. This is due to Cisco not exiting the firewall and re-entering. In the config file, the public is hard-coded and therefore hangs internally. If i change it to the private address it works fine, but then from the outside no one can get in.

Please, I desparately need help!!!
    My boss is riding me on this one.

Tony Anderson
    Network Administrator
    The HomeMaker's Idea Co.
    http://www.homemakersidea.com

[admin mode on]

any particular reason you felt you needed to double post this?

[admin mode off]

TBH if I knew the answer I'd have replied to your first thread. Give p[eople a chance and not keep posting the same message and someone will be along shortly who can help.
    Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Originally posted by peterska2
      [admin mode on]

any particular reason you felt you needed to double post this?

[admin mode off]

TBH if I knew the answer I'd have replied to your first thread. Give p[eople a chance and not keep posting the same message and someone will be along shortly who can help.
      I felt that I posted it in the wrong area, It was a mistake, I was not trying to double post.

Thanks for pointing it out though. Real nice.

Also, I just posted it twice, like I said on accident, I didn't post it all over the place. Try not to jump down people's throats. No need to act like the vBulletin police.

Comment

Originally posted by heyyou06
        I felt that I posted it in the wrong area, It was a mistake, I was not trying to double post.

Thanks for pointing it out though. Real nice.

Also, I just posted it twice, like I said on accident, I didn't post it all over the place. Try not to jump down people's throats. No need to act like the vBulletin police.
        I have posted an answer in your other thread.

Comment

Please continue the discussion here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91156
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment