X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widebertha
    replied
    uploading phpinfo.php file

I found the phpinfo.php file in the extras directory but have no clue how to upload that one file to my forums directory or what to do with it once it is uploaded. I am finding this overwhelming. When I first uploaded the VBulletin files to my website was I to have included the extras directory as well? I followed the instructions sent to me with my purchase and thought I had followed them exactly as outlined. Obviously I missed something.

Now when I open my Welcome to the vBulletin Administrators' Control Panel, the bottom left hand corner shows that there is an error on that page. At the top of that page where it says Latest version of vBulletin available isdocument.write(vb_version); there is nothing showing to tell me what the latest version of vBulletin is.

I just realized that I will probably have to upload something to fix the email response to new members. The Email Verification for New Members does not work as well.

Then of course I still have the problem figuring out how to upload images, attachments and avatars.

Apparently I can pay $135.00 US (which converts into 174.15 Canadian) and have a technician upload the Vbulletin stable upgrade for me. If I did pay this amount would my problems with email verification, image and attachments and avatars be solved?

Quite frankly I would hate to have to pay an additional $174.15 Canadian when I have already paid $85.00 US ($109.65) to lease this board.

Thank you
    Widebertha

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Upload the phpinfo.php file from the 'extras' directory of the zip file to your forums directory. Then post the URL here. This will help us troubleshoot the problem.

Leave a comment:

• Widebertha
    started a topic How to upload images and attachments?

How to upload images and attachments?

My message board is at http://www.wideberthasmessageboard.com. The message board also links to my website at http://www.notovertillthefatladysings.com. PHPMyAdmin is 2.3.0
    MySQL is 4.0.13. I have not been able to upload 2.2.8 because I could not log onto Vbulletin.com for the last little while.

I am struggling to figure out how to upload attachments and images. I would like to give my posters the option of uploading images in their posts. Obviously I do not know how to set the options and to create the right pathways so this can happen.

A simple description of how to accomplish this would be much appreciated.

Thanking you in advance for you help,
    Widebertha
    Last edited by Widebertha; Mon 5 Jan '04, 10:18am. Reason: Forgot to add information. Not a computer genius/am learning as I go